Old 17-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Rich Conley

Default 10gal. or smaller planted tank?

I tend to find that it balaces my tank out at about 8 pH...theres no maintenance
of it..its rock solid...you dont have to worry about it fluctuating.

LeighMo wrote:

I use crushed coral and silica in my planted tank..its great..I think the
coral
dissolving helps add trace elements for the plants...

Using some aragonite can be helpful if you have very soft water, or want to
keep Rift Lake cichlids. But most people find using 100% coral sand or
aragonite in a freshwater tank does crazy things to the pH. Especially in a
small tank. I really don't recommend it for beginners.

Leigh