Old 17-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Dave Millman

Default Hydrogen Peroxide: blue-green algae chemotherapy (long)

Eric Schreiber wrote:

Dave Millman wrote:

Here is the best visual reference to algae types:

http://www.aquaticscape.com/articles/algae.htm

Thanks for the link Dave. Looks like my tank is sporting several
different kinds. Ah well, variety is good, I guess.

Most tanks do. You will eventually learn what triggers each in your
tank, which might be very different from my tank. For example, I don't
need an Iron test kit. If I see staghorn algae, Iron is low. Boosting it
back up eliminates the algae within days. I used to see more hair algae
when Iron was high, but not any more, probably because I have fewer
overall deficiencies now.