Old 17-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Ed

Default 10gal. or smaller planted tank?

Sorry Leigh I missed your point there....

You said:
"I'm just saying that if you do want a high-light, high-tech tank, you'll need more watts per
gallon in a small tank (under 5 gallons) than in a large one."

I can't argue with that. I guess it is true. I just found through
tiral and error that there is no way that I need a "high light" "high
tech" tank under 10 gals. At least not with my Los Angeles tap
water...plus I would think that you wouldn't want things to grow too
fast in a small setup. That would be a royal PITA.

In fact I've had more nutrient and CO2 and lighting problems in my
larger tanks. I think larger tanks are more forgiving.... but they are
also more demanding.

Regards,

Ed

On 13 May 2003 21:43:45 GMT, tose (LeighMo) wrote:

was at almost 4
watts per on all of my tanks.... then my bulbs started going out one
at a time and I just let them be. I found that once the plants
reacclimated to to lower light situation that they grew just fine....

I'm not saying that you can't have low-light planted tanks. I'm just saying
that if you do want a high-light, high-tech tank, you'll need more watts per
gallon in a small tank (under 5 gallons) than in a large one.

Leigh