Old 17-07-2003, 08:46 PM
cindy

Default madagascar lace plant flower question

I purchased one a couple of weeks ago. A few leaves browned and I
snipped those off. Sunday I noticed a flower spike (exciting for me -
first time to have anything bloom). It grew to the surface of the
water (24 inches) in a day and a half. I lowered the water level so I
have an inch of clearance from the water line to the lucite cover. It
has continued to grow - but not up and out of the water. Instead it
has bent over and is growing along just under the water surface. If I
stretch it out of the water it is a good 10 inches taller than the
water line. Is this normal? I expected it to go a little above the
water line and produce a flower.

Also a few questions, if this is normal - how long until it flowers?
how long does the flower last? Does anyone know where I can find a
picture of the flower on-line? I've searched several websites ... I
haven't been able to find much info on the flowers - but I get the
impression that having one produce a spike and flower is common.

Thanks so much,
Cindy