Old 18-07-2003, 10:13 AM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Bio-spira seems to be working fine

Sherry Michael Weller wrote:
Not usually. The waste is deluted with 20 gallons of water. I've kept

12 inches of fish plus shrimp should produce enough waste in 20 gallons of
water. This is day 4 and still no ammonia readings.

All I'm saying is that I would have waited to be completely sure the
cycle is over before adding even more fish. Even if you don't have any

And what I'm saying is that this product is supposed to avoid cycling
altogether. That is the point of it and all its claims. If I'm going to
do a traditional cycling why would I waste money on this?

I don't trust such 'products'. If your really in a hurry and jump start,

Well, I am a scientist and I'm always willing to try new technologies. This
one seems to be particularly good. Have you seen their website? They have
good scientific literature references and testimonials from people in charge
of large fish tanks (public aquariums, etc.)

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv