Old 18-07-2003, 10:14 AM
Cris

Default Plants dying quickly. Help needed please.

2wpg is plenty for those plants. If you find that you enjoy keeping
plants you may later decide that you would like to try slightly more
for high light plants - with co2, of course. 4.4wpg is definitely
overkill even for high light plants - I doubt your fish would
appreciate it either.
Cris

On 22 May 2003 03:40:08 -0700, (Tzeentch) wrote:
*Snip*
Following the discussion here I bought a few low light plants for my
aquarium. Namely, 2 Anubia Nana (they also had some mother plants,
but I decided against them for such a small tank as mine), 4 Valsinera
(Don't remember which race though, dammit) and a fist-full of java
moss (which I secured to a scenery piece with sowing thread untill it
takes a grip of it).

*Snip*
I've been looking around for lighting solutions and I'm still unsure
as to what direction I should take. The kits at AH supply seems nice,
but somehow I can't seem to find something that would fit my tank.
I'm under the impression that a 2x55w kit would be overkill
(4.4w/gal), and a 1x55w kit might not be enough (2.2w/gal). The MH
kit at aquaqiclight.com seem to be super-mega-too-much overkill 175w
(7w/gal), unless I don't understand MH. Any other idea?

*Snip*