Old 18-07-2003, 10:14 AM
David Wee

Default compact Flourescent 13 W

I was looking into compact flourescents, (its the two pin system on a
sort of "u-tube" type bulb), instead of a left and right electrode on a
straight standard flourescents. I noticed that the home depot had no
ballasts for these compact flourescents, but had outdoor kits (for home
security / wherehouses/ outside, etc) that had ballasts as part of their
system for
about $29 and ran the 42W compact floursescnet which would basically be
over 250 or 300Watts of mega lighting for less than $40, its just that the
wiring was not a plug but a postiive, negative and ground.

Can you just buy a three prong plug/wire system (like for a few dollars),
splice the wires and plug it in?

Also as a second related question, anyone know where i can get a 13W
compact ballast for cheap?