Old 18-07-2003, 10:14 AM

Default Substrate Experences

I was just wondering if it had any
negative properties I should be aware of (light weight, ugly color, ect).

would probably buy a 20lb bag of it and mix the rest with standard

aquarium
gravel. I plan on growing pretty standard easy to care for plants,

(swords,
java moss/fern, apon. lillies, crypts and anublias)

powerhead)?

thanks for any input
--donovan

Light weight is the biggest gripe.
For a small tank, simply buy flourite or onxy sand. You can mail order
it for about 10-12$ a bag(BigAl's etc). The profile will cost about
1/2 or so. Not really a large saving on a smaller tank like, a 20 gal
etc.
You can save in other areas and upgrade things much easier like the
CO2/lights etc, substrate changes are a pain.

Regards,
Tom Barr