Old 18-07-2003, 10:15 AM
mindmeld

Default Snail in my tank, help with I.D.

i believe they are the same ones i have. and that wouldn't be pond
snails. they are sinistral ie. left-coiled snails. aka. physa from
what i've read, all other snails are dextral (right-coiled).

here's some links that will help you tell if it _is_ physa.
http://perso.infonie.be/pomacea/physas_uk.htm
http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.ed.../physidae.html

they are quite pretty but very small and are generally appreciated only
by those that stare at their tank _really_ close.

but, they are also quite prolific. I _just_ finished cleaning my corner
filter (carbon and floss deal) and found that a couple had nested in
there and were trapped. I've freed them into the tank. I'm not worried
they'll run amok. my yo-yo loaches are _more_ than a match for these
creatures.

AcH

spider wrote:

I have a snail in my tank that I would like to have an I.D.
for, please help.

Click link below to see photos.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4xq4m/id5.html