Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Iain Miller

Default Blue Green Algae (cyanobacteria) & Erythromycin

"Barry Byrne" wrote in message
Just curious what the 'latest' thinking was on killing cyanobacteria
with erythromycin was?

Been reading The Krib, and this seems to be the best solution for my
tank, which has a huge outbreak since removing my floating wisteria
plants.

Don't know what country you are in but here in the UK Erythromycin is not
obtainable over the counter....if you do get some I would think you'd need
to be quite careful with it - it is an antibiotic after all.

Interpet seem to now do an anti-slime algae treatment - you might want to
look into that (I've never tried it & have no idea what's in it!). I had a
bit of Slime Algae in one of my tanks a couple of months ago - just sucking
it out with a syphon over a week or two seems to have god rid of it & I
havn't seen it since.

rgds

Iain