Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Jeremy Pemberton

Default Blue Green Algae (cyanobacteria) & Erythromycin

Ghori that sounds interesting. One of the tanks at home has a bad
case of a brownish slimy algae that covers everything (glass, plants,
rocks, etc), its my father's tank and he has been fighting hard to get
rid of the algae with "Algae Killer" and heavy water changes however
so far no luck.

The tank's water goes murky around midday and returns to clarity in
the mornings and evenings. Weird!!

What is the H2O2 method you mention? Pour some in the tank or pull
the plants out and wash them in H2O2?

Jeremy

"Ghazanfar Ghori" wrote in message t...
Spot treat it with H2O2. Cheap and effective and you're not messing
with antibiotics.

"Barry Byrne" wrote in message
Just curious what the 'latest' thinking was on killing cyanobacteria
with erythromycin was?

Been reading The Krib, and this seems to be the best solution for my
tank, which has a huge outbreak since removing my floating wisteria
plants.