Old 18-07-2003, 11:16 AM
Troy Bruder

Default Color Temperature vs Color Spectrum

Nikolay,

Really?? I've certainly noticed some "yellowish" hues to my tank with 6700k
bulbs...(especially with the high amount of iron I need to add on a daily
basis!)

So a 10k bulb works ok for the plants?? I want something really bright, and
pleasant to look at..

Thanks!
Troy

"nikolay_kraltchev" wrote in message
om...
Get a 10,000 Kelvin bulbs.

For the plants it seems to doesn't matter if you have 10,000K, 6,400K,
or 5,500K. But the 10,000K make everything to look whiter and
crisper. In comparison the 5,500/6,400 make the tank look yellowish.

Some, not all, fish greatly change color under 10,000K or
5,500/6,400K. I got some threadfin raibows that look totally
different under the 2 different lights.

It's a matter of preference, but I really think once you have tried
10,000K you will not want to go back :-) Let't put it this way -
under the 10,000K what is white actually appears white.