Old 18-07-2003, 10:17 AM
donovan n

Default aquariumfish.net arrivals

Amano shrimp have brown dots on their sides and a brown/black line down
the center of their back. But this coloration seems to fade with stress. I
have 10 Amano shrimp in my 30 gallon long tank and I never see more than one
or two at a time normally. If I pick up the driftwood tho there are alot
under it, like cockroaches=p. After 2-3 weeks my shrimp became braver and I
see quite a few out and about now, especally at feeding time. Remember that
in their natural habitat amano shrimp must have been pretty near the bottom
of the food chain, so they are naturally shy.. Just give them a week or two
to acclimate.

--donovan