Old 19-07-2003, 02:36 AM
Sanjay Thomas

Default Crash Course in Planted Aquaria

Can anyone give me a rundown, somewhat of a crash course, in planted
aquaria? I've been semi-lurking here for a bit, trying to figure this whole
thing out on my own, but I need a starter "learn the ropes" type of thing if
I'm to make heads or tails of it. I'm asking pretty general questions, but
if anyone could specify, I guess I learn best from learning the why's behind
certain things and developing my own approach from there.

What are some basics to lighting? (Why 1wpg instead of 4wpg? What is the
"right" range, and why, and under what conditions?)

What are some basics to CO2? (Do I have to use it? Why do I need it? What
would necessitate it?)

What are some basics to fertilizers? (You get the point.)

Thanks all, and after I see some responses I'll let you know what I'm facing
here and what I'm trying to do, maybe you could steer me in the right
direction.

Thanks,

Sanjay