Old 19-07-2003, 05:02 AM
Cass

Default Any effect of dormant spray on companion plants?

Daniel Hanna wrote:

In Kirra wrote:
How do you deal with this? Should I avoid dormant spraying these roses
or attempt to spray/pour right against the canes so that there is no
drift onto the companion plants?

Kirra, in the days when I was a lad (lol) and had companion plants, I
used a nice soft sponge dipped in lime sulphur solution and wiped the
bare canes with it.

Plenty of plants wouldn't mind lime sulphur, but then again plenty would,
too.

One tip - if you do this trick, use waterproof gloves. Otherwise your
hands will smell to high heaven for a week.

And don't get is on anything constructed by man - garden lights, stucco
walls, metal rails, clothing. Now here there are long lists of
sensitive plants on the spray label, which is pages long. I seem to
recall lists of certain evergreen trees and fruit trees but little
else.