Old 19-07-2003, 11:12 AM
Kirra

Default Any effect of dormant spray on companion plants?

"Daniel Hanna" wrote in message
home.com.au...
In Kirra wrote:
How do you deal with this? Should I avoid dormant spraying these roses
or attempt to spray/pour right against the canes so that there is no
drift onto the companion plants?

Kirra, in the days when I was a lad (lol) and had companion plants, I
used a nice soft sponge dipped in lime sulphur solution and wiped the
bare canes with it.

Plenty of plants wouldn't mind lime sulphur, but then again plenty would,
too.

One tip - if you do this trick, use waterproof gloves. Otherwise your
hands will smell to high heaven for a week.

I love roses but I also like something in between to cover the naked legs
The sponge idea sounds just like what I am after. I have a paid of blue
Ansell chemical gloves that go up to the forearm and should do the trick to
protect me from the smell.

Thanks,

Kirra