Old 19-07-2003, 10:22 AM
Kirra

Default Any effect of dormant spray on companion plants?

"Cass" wrote in message
.. .
One tip - if you do this trick, use waterproof gloves. Otherwise your
hands will smell to high heaven for a week.

And don't get is on anything constructed by man - garden lights, stucco
walls, metal rails, clothing. Now here there are long lists of
sensitive plants on the spray label, which is pages long. I seem to
recall lists of certain evergreen trees and fruit trees but little
else.

Thanks, Cass. Does this apply to wooden fences and clothes line? My climbers
are on a wooden fence and attached with clothes line (green). It sounds like
I may have to use the sponge on quite a few roses to avoid getting any lime
sulphur on the fence and on the lilly pillies that are interplanted between
my climbers.

Kirra