Old 19-07-2003, 04:22 PM
Cass

Default Any effect of dormant spray on companion plants?

In article , Kirra
wrote:

"Cass" wrote in message
.. .
One tip - if you do this trick, use waterproof gloves. Otherwise your
hands will smell to high heaven for a week.

And don't get is on anything constructed by man - garden lights, stucco
walls, metal rails, clothing. Now here there are long lists of
sensitive plants on the spray label, which is pages long. I seem to
recall lists of certain evergreen trees and fruit trees but little
else.

Thanks, Cass. Does this apply to wooden fences and clothes line? My climbers
are on a wooden fence and attached with clothes line (green). It sounds like
I may have to use the sponge on quite a few roses to avoid getting any lime
sulphur on the fence and on the lilly pillies that are interplanted between
my climbers.

I didn't notice the discoloration of my climber supports, to tell you
the truth. I would just spray a wood fence at my house, but then I'm a
bit of a slob. My fence is not painted. Now that you mention it, I have
a lot of companion plants. And while I didn't go out of my way to spray
them, I didn't avoid them either. I didn't have any losses, but I don't
grow lilies, or not Asiatic lillies, at least.

Metal is the one thing you really don't want to spray. And take
measures not to breathe that stuff or get it on your skin. I mean how
harmless can it be if it reacts with metal?