Old 19-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Alex R

Default CO2 - Here's the straight sh*(

"Bill Beam" wrote in message
CO2 helps one thing grow in your tank and it ain't plants - it's algae

DO NOT USE CO2 - This is no troll - I've tried for one year now and it
makes black hair algae grow like mad - save yourself money and
trouble. Just don't do it.

CO2 alone will not eradicate algae. It's just one nutrient among many that
plants need. You also need to provide nitrogen, potassium, phosphorus, and
all the trace elements in abundance in order for your plants to be able to
outcompete the algae. And you can't hope to do that without CO2. Unless you
have low lighting, I'm betting your algae will be even worse without CO2
injection.
__
Alex
pcalex (at) hotpop.com