Old 20-07-2003, 02:34 PM
Kirra

Default Any effect of dormant spray on companion plants?

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. com...
Then Kirra said
I love roses but I also like something in between to cover the naked

legs

As the saying goes, I wouldn't go near that line with 10-foot pole! But
could someone please give me a hint what lime sulphur is supposed to do

for
roses in the first place?

Thanks!

Anne Lurie [at the corner of Irreverent & Irrelevant]
Raleigh, NC

Hi Anne,

Lime Sulphur is a spray that is used after pruning to clean up overwintering
spores of black spot and several other nasties. It is only used after
pruning because it will damage any fresh growth (or any leaves) on the
roses. Here is a link that offers a much better explanation:

http://www.greengold.com.au/greengol...TES/roses.htm#
%20Yates%20Lime%20Sulphur

(Not trying to promote any particular product but it had the best
explanation after about 6 different links from Google)

Kirra
Brisbane, Australia
zone 10