Old 20-07-2003, 03:02 PM
TQPL

Default Honey / Sugar fertilizer

Hi Wendy.

Good observation about your friends Paphs and
Phrags.
Mosss does grow best if you use high quality
water. Rainwater or RO.
I find I can grow moss with feeding my plants but
I don't overdo it.
Sphagnum is very fertilizer sensitive but often it
is other species of moss that grow best.
It seems to grow better on some bark composts than
others and that might be a tannin thing, not quite
sure.
Certainly it grows well on rockwool which needs
feeding. Sometimes it is a mix with algae.
Good moss growing
Alan L Winthrop

"Wendy" wrote in message
Your post is very interesting Alan & to Peter,

didn't see your post again?
Alan, you mention the moss growing with plants.
My mentor grows all his Paphs & Phrags with moss

growing on the top of the
mix. (they bloom!)
I tried this & my moss just turns an orangy

brown, any ideas?
Thanks,
Cheers Wendy
"TQPL" wrote