Old 20-07-2003, 09:38 PM
Charlie C.

Default Cloudy water after water change

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in
:

I've been meaning to post here about the cloudiness that sets on my
large tank after I make water changes and fertilize the plants. The
small tank doesn't get it, just the big one. Yesterday I changed about
30% of the water and fertilized with Fluorish, Fluorish Iron, Fluorish
Excel, plus I added some Freshwater Trace. Like clockwork, the water
started turning cloudy about an hour after the water change. This
morning it's cloudy, but it should start clearing this afternoon. I
also cleaned the filter (Eheim), rinsing all the media in it.
One interesting aside is that everytime I make a water change, some of
the usually shy clown loaches come out and hang out all over the tank.

Anybody else get cloudiness after water changes?

Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Here is a possibility... My tank used to get cloudy the day after a water
change link clockwork. Turns out I was using WAY too much chlorene
removerand it must have come out of solution (?) after a while? Whatever, I
started using MUCH less chlorene remover and the problem went away.

Charlie in Houston