Old 21-07-2003, 04:26 AM
Jayne Kulikauskas

Default Looking for composting toilet users

I am a member of an eco-village ( www.wholevillage.org ) that is about to
build a home based on principles of sustainability. We have reached a
decision (by consensus!) to use composting toilets. We had pretty much
decided to use a built-in mouldering style, comparable to Clivus-Multram.
However we have heard stories questioning the effecctiveness of these and
are now reconsidering something more along the lines of the sawdust toilet
recommended in Jenkin's Humanure Handbook.

It would be very helpful for us to hear about the experiences of people
using composting toilets of various kinds. Can people on either of these
groups help me? (I hope you do not mind the cross-posting.) Are there any
more appropriate groups or mailing lists to which I should pose my question?
Thank you.

Jayne