Old 22-07-2003, 04:57 AM
Henry

Default roses for a hedge?

dave weil wrote:

How big is yours at the moment? And how old?

The seeds were collected in the fall of 1996 and planted in the ground
the following spring so I guess they are six years old. They don't get
as much sun as yours does (there is no place in my yard that doesn't get
some shade during the day). I also keep mine from becoming too large by
using hedge clippers on them after they bloom. Even so, they are about
8 to 10 feet tall and wide. I don't really know how many there are but
I would say at least 8 or 10 plants put in much too close to each other.
A rabbit would have a difficult time getting through this hedge. If
they were spaced six feet apart they'd extend well into the shadier part
of the yard. As it is, the hedge is only 15 or 20 feet long.

--
Henry