Old 22-07-2003, 05:03 AM
dstvns

Default Squirrels in my oak tree

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:43:51 -0500, jammer wrote:

I have a problem with squirrals in my two oaks. I don't have enough of
them!! Acorns are the ultimate squirral food and they need to start
stashing food for this winter.

Around here they seem to prefer the hickory nuts, which really ticks
me off. Then they move onto the red & white oaks (now I just need a
blue oak and I'll have a patriotic forest heh).

If you get rid of the squirrels, then the acorns will ripen and
instead of smaller, half-ripe acorns falling on stuff, you will have
fully ripened, heavier acorns You just can't win.

Dan