Old 23-07-2003, 01:12 AM
Anthony Wilson

Default Hagen's NEW CO 2 System

I heard from my LFS that the recommendation on the product is a little
understated, he told me that someone is using 1 unit on a 65 gallon tank and
the tank is really blooming. I am thinking of getting 1 for my 50 gallon
tank to see what it does. Just MHO
"Tony K" wrote in message

"cthulhu" wrote in message
I am thinking of buying Hagen's CO2 system which, in £s, is inexpensive

:
£15 approx.

I see that there are kits costing £100-150 with more complex valve

systems.

What is the disadvantage of the lest pricey Hagen kit, if any.

Thanks in advance

1) Depending on the size of your aquarium, 1 unit might not be enough.

Hagen
recomend: 1 unit for up to 20 US gal, 2 units for up to 40 US gal, 3 units
for up to 60 US gal.

2) Hagen use a yeast fermentation process to generate CO2, can be affected
by room temperature etc, therefore the CO2 supply may not be as consistent
as cylinder and valve systems. I am having problems with this at the

moment
with a very cold winter here in the southern hemisphere with out central
heating the CO2 only starts to generate when I get home from work and heat
the house up.

3) You have replenish the system every few weeks.

Having said that I have 2 of them in my tank and am very pleased with the
system, the plants have responded well.