Old 23-07-2003, 04:12 PM
Theo

Default [IBC] Lesniewicz was indoor larch (?) question

HI I live in Switzerland and Lesniewicz has been one of may foirst
references too I have been to see his zentrum that tehy are extremely
correct in all what they did to satisfy my demands when i bought by
some bonsai..by phone
Of course I quickly noticed that what Les. was explaining did not
match with my personal experience with plants either as swiss or as
italian where I lived nearbyGenova 24 years.. so the conclusion was
that his book was for German country where is often cold and the sky
casted with not as big variations as in NY or Boston that can also be
very cold places
I always advice when people announce in some list to posses his books
to be careful and apply the rules according the zone where they live..
and not to take them as gold rules..

Theo

Shireen Gonzaga wrote:

Iris Cohen said:
Very few people are aware that Lesniewicz was a businessman,
not a bonsai grower .... sections on individual species are
sometimes helpful, but the chapter on general cultural
instructions is full of errors.

I am so disappointed to hear this! Since I live in an
apartment, all I can grow are indoor bonsai. Lesniewicz
has been my primary reference.

If anyone knows of specific errors, could you please
point it out to me?

Are there other books on indoor bonsai that you would
recommend. I already have the slim volume from the
Brookly Botanic Garders, and I like it.

Thanks,
shireen, bonsai beginner

--
Shireen Gonzaga, Data Analyst, Space Telescope Science Inst. O-
3700 San Martin Dr., Baltimore, MD 21212, USA. _/ )