Old 24-07-2003, 02:33 AM
Joey

Default Improve DIY CO2???

Yes, I am thinking of getting a CO2 tank too so I don't have to mess
with
all this stuff. However, getting a tank, regulator, fine valve control
and solenoid can cost a bundle.

Joe

) wrote in message . com...
I think previous post have already addressed this, the rate of CO2
production is not an issue with anaerobic fermentation.

Switching yeast over to aerboic TCA cycle will produce too much CO2 at
one time for most applications.

Just do the simple plain old method. Change the bottles every 10-14
days and make things easier on yourself. If that's too much hassle get
a gas tank and mess with it maybe once every 3-6 months for a few
seconds.

Sucrose proved to be the best producer of CO2 in the experiment we
have done. Optimal temps play a large role also in then life and
production and are likely a better use to control rates.

Use a water bath for the CO2 brew bottle. Set the heater to raise the
temp up to 85F etc during the day when you need the CO2 and have it
plugged into the lighting timer so that it's off at night. It will
produce less CO2 and ETOH at coller temps and should last longer.
Careful not to melt that bucket for the water bath etc.

Too much crap for such a simple method if you ask me, just set the
brew on the lighting ballast for a similar effect and change it every
10-14 days.

Or get gas tank canned CO2 if you are serious and plan on keeping
plants for a few years.

Regards,
Tom Barr