Old 24-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Louis Leciejewski

Default Dahlia Tuber Not Sprouting

Could someone please help me with a Dahlia related question?
I have an heirloom Dahlia tuber that grew ok last year and it
survived Winter storage here in Illinois. The tuber feels firm
when I planted it however I saw no "eye" (or sprout). I still
saw nothing and last week I carefully dug it up for inspection
and the tuber is very firm but no sprout yet. What can I do to
get the tuber to sprout and at least grow leaves for next year?
I hate to lose this tuber since I have had it growing all these
years since my Grandmother died over 20 years ago.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Lou Leciejewski