Old 25-07-2003, 01:02 AM
Gale Pearce

Default Muratic Acid High PH High Alkaline

Are you sure you are on the right newsgroup? - this is a pond group and have
never heard of anyone using muriatic acid to clear water
Gale :~)
I have a small pool about 9ft 650 gallons. I had a problem with
cloudy water. I have a ph of 8.1 and akaline of 205 and calium
hardness of 330. I put in a little muriatic acid and it cleared up
the cloudy water instantly. It seems I still have a high ph and a
high alkaline level. I also have a high copper content as well.

Do I need to keep putting in more muratic acid to bring down the ph?
Or does this have something to do with my high copper content. The
water is very clear now.

Steve