Old 25-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Lisa

Default Oak Wilt! Burr Oaks and Alamo Injection? Urgent Help?

I have Oak Wilt. Had 3 tree companies out. Plan is to trench, remove
lost causes, and inject potential 'savables' with Alamo.
Only Red oaks have succumed. The Burr oaks seem fine.

I was told:

1. Reds & Burrs don't root graft between the species. The only way the
Burrs could get it is via beetles, etc.
2. 2 Companies say I don't have to inject the Burrs with Alamo. 1
Company wants to do it.
3. We are talking 3 Majestic-sized burrs & 1 smaller one. The cost is
astronomical.

We are more than willing to sink alot of cash into saving our trees,
but we are by no means wealthy and injecting the burrs. Estimated cost
on the burrs alone is $1350.00. I just hate to toss away money
needlessly and I don't know what to do here & who to listen to.

Because of the severe nature of Oak Wilt, I don't have much time to
gather more estimates, opinions. I've tried searching the net & can't
find specific advice on if I should inject the burrs or not. I'm going
to call the Morton Arboretum Plant Clinic when they open for advice &
also have an email to the U of I Plant Clinic.

If there are any knowledgeable tree people with Oak Wilt. I'd
appreciate your advice on this matter. I have to make a quick decision
here.