Old 26-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Alan Gould

Default Banned Herbicides & Pesticides

In article , anton
writes

Problems caused by chemical gardening? I haven't had any,
unless you count the temporary defoliation of a young fruit tree
when I got impatient with painting alcohol on each little cluster of woolly
aphis. That's not much in ten years. Admittedly, I'm
only a very small user of garden chemicals, but I think that demonstrates
the error of trying to put the non-organic
world into a single 'chemical' camp.

I used the expression chemical to describe non-organic practices.
I agree that it is a loose term, but then so is organic, both styles
having many variations. I don't see any camps in recreational gardening.
Each of us choose our own ways and take on some of other people's ideas
as we see appropriate. In urg discussions, both chemical and organic
have recognised gardening contexts which can be assumed to be in use
unless otherwise stated. They both have several other dictionary
definitions of course, used for differing purposes.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.