Old 26-07-2003, 04:43 PM
Pierre-Normand Houle

Default Good thread algae eater for 15 gallon tank with live plants

"Michael" wrote in message

It's weird because on the net the general consensus is to add fish right
away but in France the golden rule is to wait 1 month. Three different LSF
have told me that. This isn't the only thing they do differently in France.
Anyway I asked the my favorite LSF what to do and he suggested two
shrimps. I didn't even know what they were, but it was all he had so I took
them. He claimed they were great for algae. Well I just looked up the
common name from the receipt and I was pleasantly suprised to find that I
bought Caridina japonica - Amano Shrimp! I guess I got lucky on that one.

My amano shrimps do little with oedogonium (fuzz algae) but I only have two of them.
They seem to keep the stuff clean and not eat it much.