Old 27-07-2003, 05:22 AM
Joel Downey

Default better Japanes beetle trap

OK, I guess I don't know what the issue is here, but I'm beginning no to
like this guy. Man, what is your problem? I am trying to relay information
to folks who could use it. There is lots of useful information on my site
concerning Japanese beetle and control, despite what you think about the
traps. It's all there, and available without having to buy anything. If
they do then OK, but I didn't place an order for them as soon as they get
there. The information on my site is basically on on-going experiment that
everyone can watch and come to their own conclusions. One thing that I
forgot to mention in the other thread is that I believe, but don't have data
to back it up, that my trap method might be more effective than others on
the market, due to the significant reduction in odor given off by the dead
beetles. Which, of course you knew was a beetle repellant. If so, then the
data generated by the experiment you reference doesn't apply, does it?
However since this is the first full year of application, I won't know until
I can run some further experiments with other traps in a controlled
experiment. But for you to dismiss it out-of-hand shows a lack of
understanding of basic scientific principles.

Sorry to go on the offensive but in my estimation it needed to be done. I'm
trying my best to show others what I've done to stop Japanese beetles from
ruining my peach trees. If they want to try it, great, if not, still
great. If I've come up with something that works better than other stuff
on the market, so be it. If it gets patented (an application has been
filed), it will be the 11th I've received, so I have a little experience
with coming up with ideas no one else has.

For what that's worth. BTW, I'd be interested in the credentials you have
that give you any authority in the discussion. Experiences you've had,
papers you've written, experiments you've run, things like that.

JD
wrote in message
"Joel Downey" wrote:
-snip-