Old 27-07-2003, 08:22 AM

Default better luck next year?

On 19 Jun 2003 14:15:58 GMT, (JohnDKestell)
wrote:

Hi guys,
I posted earlier about my garden, which went in way too late this spring.

anyways, I was wondering, how can I really blast the soil and build it up for
next season?

I have an endless supply of cattle bedding and horse bedding, some good
machines, some other stuff (aged wood chips, grass clippings).

at the end of my dismal growing season (too much rain, not enough sun), should
I just spread as much "stuff" on there as possible, till it under, and let it
mellow out for the winter? I was thinking that even if the material is too
"hot" it would certainly cool off after a couple of months in the ground.

I know I'm being impatient, but would like to really crank my soil up for next
spring.
thanks
john

My soil and the climate where I live (N.E. Victoria, Australia) are
lots different from yours, but what I would do is to build ginormous
compost heaps, break down the material in a compost heap, then dig it
in, to a depth of two spits
Barrie