Old 27-07-2003, 06:33 PM
Ben

Default Black mould spots again

I've asked this question before on this group, but having tried people's
suggestions without success I thought it was worth another go.

I have very unsightly black mould spots on the concrete slabs on my
patio and garden path. An ordinary scrubbing brush has no effect, a lot
of hard brushing with a wire brush has limited effect but has now
started ruining the surface of the concrete (without really bringing off
the mould) so I daren't do it any more. Chemicals I've tried without
success include algae removing patio cleaner, jayes fluid (including
neat), bleach (potassium hydroxide type and sodium hypochlorite type -
including neat), sodium hydroxide, and a sodium dichlorophen fungicide.
Any other ideas I could try?

Anyone who would like to suggest that brushing sand into it would work
where wire-brushing the surface of the concrete off has failed is
welcome to come round and try it.