Old 30-01-2003, 02:49 PM
Dan Mazerolle

Default Cucumbers grown vertically

The easiest way that I have found is to buy a couple of 7' or 8' step
ladders from garage sales. Set them firmly into the soil and the cukes have
somewhere to grow. Soon they are covered with vines and you can't tell what
the support is. They can be easily put away when not in use.

If you are trimming large branches from your trees (or your neighbor is),
you can tie three or more together at the top and place the teepee firmly
into the soil. It is best to leave on a few inches of the smaller branches
for additional attachment spots. Plant a cuke or two at the base of each
pole and watch 'em grow.

Dan DeLyon

"Andy N" wrote in message
I am moving my garden into considerably less space and would like to
continue growing 2 hills of cucumber plants. My plan is to raise them
vertically to conserve space. I would appreciate advice about ways of

doing
this. Thanks