Old 29-07-2003, 12:32 AM
AM

Default Climbers - ideas?

Hi NT,

You could try things like espaliered fruit trees, or 'ballerina' apples that
grow pretty much off a central upright stem and don't spread out, dwarf
varieties of fruit trees - i know you said climbers, i'm just tossing a few
other options in - hardy kiwi fruit, banana passionfruit, grapes, then
there's annuals like pumpkins, cucumbers etc that can be trained up walls
for summer crops?

AM

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...
Hi there.

I would like some advice on planning a planting. I need to cover 4
walls with climbers - one each of east, west north and south facing.
I'm in Britain. I'd like lots of edibles, and plants that look nice
too. And just in case I havent asked enough already, ideally I'd like
fruit (etc) that would store well too.

So far I know I want apples. Passionfruit has been suggested, I quite
like that one. Manchurian kiwi also maybe for the north wall... there
my ideas cease.

Would there be a problem with planting an akebia quinata? Any other
suggestions welcome! Thanks.

Regards, NT