Old 29-07-2003, 07:42 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Kew today - I missed you !

Marina wrote in message
British Rail totally screwed up my schedule today (points failure
somewhere...)
so I arrived an hour late after an interesting bus ride from Hammersmith

Kew!
However, I had a great time wandering round the gardens, hope you did too.

I hoped I might bump into you all somewhere, but it was not to be :-(

Another time maybe we should exchange mobile numbers beforehand. I hope

you
didn't wait too long in the Orangery for me before giving me up for lost,

am really sorry to have missed you, but the circumstances were out of my
control.

We waited until 11am then slowly walked over to the Victoria Gate in case
you were there so we must only just have missed you. Shame. There was only 5
of us but we saw all the glasshouses, well, all except Jim W and Barbara who
fell behind in the rockery, took a wrong turning, and missed the Alpine
House which is always worth a visit with it's refrigerated bench. Luckily
our mobile phones reunited the party in the Waterlily House.
We had lunch at the Pavilion Restaurant, were you there?
Good day, shame we missed you.
Yes, we must exchange mobile phone numbers next time.

Oh, and Jim, please e-mail me the names of those plants you gave me, I knew
I should have written them down. :-)
--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.