Old 29-07-2003, 10:03 PM
cross

Default Kew today - I missed you !

Bob Hobden wrote in message

We waited until 11am then slowly walked over to the Victoria Gate in case
you were there so we must only just have missed you. Shame. There was only

5
of us but we saw all the glasshouses, well, all except Jim W and Barbara

who
fell behind in the rockery, took a wrong turning, and missed the Alpine
House which is always worth a visit with it's refrigerated bench. Luckily
our mobile phones reunited the party in the Waterlily House.
We had lunch at the Pavilion Restaurant, were you there?

------
After being packed like sardines into a bus, it was 11.30 before I arrived
at the Victoria Gate and legged it swiftly to the Orangery just in case you
were still in the area. After a reviving cup of coffee I headed for the
Order (veg) beds, as that was the place I thought you might head for
first....... then I had no idea.
I really loved the rock / water gardens too, and "did" all the glasshouses,
and despite the forecast, the weather was good.
I had a picnic lunch in the Duke's Garden, looking out at the Hot Border,
which was stunning. I'm pleased you all had a good day too.

Marina