Old 30-07-2003, 04:13 AM
Iain Miller

Default 10gal planted tank?

"JuanMa" wrote in message
Greetings.

My LFS told me that to have a planted tank I need to have the bottom of

the
tank with potting soil and gravel on top. If so, how many pounds of soil

do
I need to make it at least 1 inch deep of soil and how many pounds of

gravel
would I need to make 1 inch deep of gravel? Or should I use more/less?
Should I use sand(non argonite)instead of the gravel?

The plants in my tanks grow at a stupid rate - both of them just have 1-2"
of sand on the bottom. I have reasonable lighting, CO2 & feed them
regularly - sometimes I wish they'd slow down a bit!