Old 30-07-2003, 03:23 AM
Eric Schreiber

Default 10gal planted tank?

JuanMa wrote:

My LFS told me that to have a planted tank I need to have the bottom of the
tank with potting soil and gravel on top.

If you follow their advice, you're going to have an unholy mess on
your hands. There are several brands of aquarium gravel specifically
for planted tanks, most well-know being Flourite from SeaChem. These
gravels are much easier to work with than potting soil would be.

The tank will have two 36W PC lights, maybe a power head and a HOB filter.

That's a lot of light for a ten gallon tank. That's not a bad thing,
but you're going to have to battle algae until you get the CO2 and
fertilizer balance worked out.

--
www.ericschreiber.com