Old 30-07-2003, 08:02 AM
Andy Sanson

Default Bindweed and nettles

Nettles also make excellent wine if you just use the tips and young bits. I
haven't tried bindweed wine. You can probably make jams and jellies from
nettles too but none of this alters the fact that the little ******s sting.
Has anyone else noticed that however careful you are about pulling them up,
the stingy bits always chase after you and ambush you from unexpected
directions?

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Andy Sanson" contains these words:

Any hypnotists out there who would like to persuade the population of

the UK
that bindweed and nettles are the basic ingredients of the elixir of

life so
that together, with your skills and my garden, we can make a fortune?

Nettles already are an elixir of life, not least to caterpillars,
which miraculously turn into butterflies. They also make wonderful
fertiliser for your garden, compost activator, treatment for rheumatism;
plus you can eat them (vitamin and iron rich), and weave a very fine
cloth from their fibre.

Bindweed is probably equally useful, we just haven't recognised its
potential yet.

Janet.