Old 31-07-2003, 03:03 PM
johnrutz

Default koi and plants? depends on the pond size.... and the koi's diet...

Biker2 wrote:
snip

th koi growth rates as much as 2ft in two years, sooner or later

they will outgrow many preform tub sized ponds, it might take a well
planted area 10'x10' to keep them occupied with plants growing as fast
as the koi nibbles them.

snip

Nice piece of information Andy - thanks.

But I am astonished to learn that koi can grow 2ft per year !!!

(Thinks... In years time I will have to look after 16 x 10ft fish! what the
heck am I going to feed them on?)

Steve.
- -
Milk floats, stainless steel sinks...

-- if Koi are kept in a good environment they can grow to 2 ft in the
first year or two then growth slows after several more years they
can get to 3 ft

see http:/www.coloradokoi

for growth charts etc.

John Rutz