Old 01-08-2003, 04:52 AM
Steve Calvin

Default Fresh horseradish

Ken Anderson wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
om...

Glad I cleared up the mystery. Actually just got in from whipping up a
batch -- dragged the food processor outside for obvious reasons. My
sinuses are clearer than they've been in a long time nonetheless.

Speaking of growing, does anyone know how well horseradish would do in
a pot? Any experience or suggestions?

Rob

No, but as incredibly prolific as it is, I'll bet you could grow it in a
pot. Er, a tall pot! They don't seem to put out much in the way of laterals,
must be concentrated in the tap root. I STILL have horseradish growing, just
because I can't seem to make it go away. I see a small batch in my crystal
ball. Beats store-bought in color, taste, and texture. Yum!
Ken A.

Thanks for the question. I was wondering if I could "pot grow" it too.
I don't want it to spread all over the place in my yard or garden. I'm
thinking about a pot that's about 20"x20". Think that's big enough?

Although, thankfully if I can't do it myself there's a local farmer
who makes his own and it's VERY good. 'Course you'd better be careful
with it in a sauce. ;-)

--
Steve