Old 31-01-2003, 05:18 PM
Steve Calvin

Default Mantis tiller

Andy N wrote:
My brother in-law purchased a mantis tiller a few years back and noticed
that the transmission case located between the tines gets hot after about a
half hour use. He can't find a place to lubricate it anywhere and assumes
this to be normal but who knows? There has never been any sign of leakage
around the case. He has decided to let it cool after about 15 minutes of use
then continue again. Possibly the factory may have accidentally left the
lubricant out! I am wondering if anyone has experienced this same condition
with their mantis. Thank you

Hm, never took any notice actually. Next time I fire it up for a while
I'll pay attention, but it's gonna be a while before it time here to
start doin' that kind of stuff. :-(

--
Steve