Old 02-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Cass

Default Lavender Dream?

saki wrote:

Cass wrote in
:

In article , Unique Too
wrote:

I almost fell for your Lavender Dream suggestion, read all about
it, found a supplier, everything....

I don't know how Lavender Dream handles heat. It would be a shame if
it fades or crisps or something.

Could I ask who the supplier is, and whether they're willing to ship now?
Helpmefind lists various suppliers but I've had no luck finding anyone who
actually has it in stock.

That's the rub. Unfortunately, it is a patent rose and the patent is
held by J & P. I don't know if they've ever released the rose. It is
available through Canadian suppliers. Their sites says they won't ship
to the US, but it happens. You can't keep a good rose secret. Imagine
if Outta the Blue came from Europe. That thing would be over here in a
heartbeat.

My plant was sold to me misidentified. It took a couple of years to
nail down what it really was. The patent will expire in a few more
years...until then, the only hope is to bomb J & P with emails to get
them to release the rose OR or hope for a supplier that has been
licensed.

It isn't lavender, btw. But it is on the mauve end of pink, certainly
not the bubble gum pink like Bonica.

A few years ago:
http://www.rosefog.us/imagesAtoI/BelindaShrub.jpg

This spring: