Old 02-08-2003, 07:14 PM

Default questions, questions, questions...

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...roup=rec.ponds
click on search only in rec.ponds and then type in subject or author.

wait for fall cleanup and if you got roots I would use some aluminum flashing under
the liner... then some carpet padding (I dont like old carpets, they rot).
yes. here are links what to look for in healthy GF (koi are much the same), and the
quarantine procedures.
http://users.megapathdsl.net/~solo/p.../care/care.htm
no.. koi wont hurt your GF.
Ingrid

(GaneaRowenna) wrote:

I have several questions.
1. I have heard mention that I can "google up" past posts. How would I do
this?

2. I have tree roots coming thru my liner. The pond doesn't seem to be losing
water. Is it safe to wait for fall cleanup to repair this, or should I go
ahead and drain and fix? The area in question is on the bottom of the pond, so
I would have to completely drain. When I do this, I plan to lay old carpet
under the liner for added protection.

3. I am going to look at some koi (supposed to be about 2 lbs. ea.) in a few
hours. I have never owned koi and don't know much about them. Any suggestions
on what to look for, what questions to ask? Should I quarantine them before
adding to my pond? Will they eat my 3-7" goldfish? Will they eat the babies?
Any good sites for learning?

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...
ShawnAnne
High Desert, zone 6