Old 31-01-2003, 05:40 PM
Andy N

Default Cucumbers grown vertically

I have been growing (straight eights) for about 30 years now and expect
possibly there is a better variety selection and would welcome any input on
this. When growing them on the ground and sprawling, the cucumber beetles
also would have a picnic on them so I constantly kept the vines dusted with
multi-purpose garden dust. I was never bothered with wilt until after the
hot weather hit and the vines were watered. My plan starting with this new
garden is to water only on the ground and never use a sprinkler to water.