Old 03-08-2003, 02:32 AM
V_coerulea

Default Cucumber support

Anything that goes up is fine. Whatever is easiest for you to construct.
I've even thrown cuke seeds in while pulling early peas that had finished
(peas give up the ghost here when our temps reach upper 80s on up which is
usually in late May). The pea fence was sections of electrical conduit 6"
above the ground with another row supported 4' above the first. Balers twine
runs zigzag pattern up and down between the two. Easy to make as many
sections as you like and never had a problem with the tendrils climbing the
twine. The conduit lasts "forever" and the twine is cheap and disposable.
Gary

"Allan Matthews" wrote in message
What type of wire fencing is best for supporting cucumbers grown
vertically? Any ideas?